4th Grade Division - Saturday, May 31
5th Grade Division - Sunday, June 1
The Battle in the Valley tournament was created to provide a Disney-like experience for young lacrosse players. Capped at 8 teams, this tournament gives participants the opportunity to...
- Play on outstanding fields
- Compete against quality opponents in a playoff-style tournament
- Participate in a skills competition (selected players from each team)
- Meet and greet with current professional lacrosse players
- Enjoy a FUN and EXCITING atmosphere that includes music, lacrosse vendors, food vendors, and more!
INVITE ONLY TOURNAMENT
8 powerhouse youth “A” teams (in each division) selected from towns in CT, MA, NJ, and NY will travel to Westminster School this spring to battle in the Farmington Valley. The champion will go home with bragging rights as the top program in the northeast.
2013 CHAMPIONS: Larchmont-Mamaroneck Youth Lacrosse (NY)
(LMYL players signing "Champions" sign that will be put up every year)
- 10 V. 10
- 18-minute running halves
- 4-Min. half time
- Each team will play 3 games (4 if make it to championship)
- No time-outs
- "Braveheart" overtime (1v1 with a goalie)
- No one-handed checks
- The championship game will be between the top team from the "West Division" and the top team from the "East" Division. The top 2 teams will be determined by their record first and then goals against.
|10:15-10:45 AM||Team check-in|
|10:45-10:55 AM||Welcome remarks|
|11 AM-4:15 PM||Tournament games, skills competition with pros, pro autograph session, team pictures.
*A full detailed schedule will be sent out prior to the event to every team.
|4:15-5:15 PM||Championship game|
|PLAYER MEDICAL FORM (Please complete and sign)
*All players must complete this form in its entirety. Coach/Team contact will need to submit ALL Medical Forms by May 1, 2014.
|ROSTER FORM (Please complete and sign)
*Complete this form in its entirety. Coach/Team contact will need to submit Roster Form with Medical Forms by May 1, 2014.
Please feel free to print off the tournament rules, schedule, and map. A larger version of both will be posted in multiple areas at the tournament location.
PROS ATTENDING - TBA
SKILLS COMPETITION - TBA
TEAM SCHEDULE - TBA